2003, 2004, & 2005 Fire Seasons (In Pictures)

For the past three years I have worked as a wildland firefighter in Idaho. It has been a very rewarding experience that has enriched my body, mind, and soul (contrary to popular belief, I do, in fact, have a soul). Here are some highlights from last fire season (2005).

Torching Pine, Gregory Fire

Pillar of Fire, Wet Gulch Burn

Torching Juniper, Triangle Burn


Firewhirl, Wet Gulch Burn

Initial Attack, Clay Creek Fire

It's hotter than it looks!

Burnout with Fusees

The world's burning up, and I'm still doing paperwork...

2005 FIRE SEASON, continued...

Log Dex Fire


Red Bluff Fire




Clay Creek Fire


Gregory Fire


High Valley Fire




Hill Rx



Ridge Road Rx


Sagehen Fire



Third Fork Fire





Sweet Assist




Sawmill Flat Fire


Triangle Rx












Wet Gulch Rx






Wood Gulch Fire



2004 FIRE SEASON

Bear Creek Fire

Pine Creek - Goat Rock Fire (My first incident command)





Pleasure Fire


Rainy Day Fire




2003 FIRE SEASON

Waterball


Wild Goat Fire



Deer Creek Fire

Clear Creek Fire





No comments: