Although we had originally planned on saving all of our diving until Koh Tao, Joe and I decided to go ahead and try out the diving in Nha Trang, which is supposedly the best that Vietnam has to offer. I took an open water diver certification course, which spanned four days. The first two days were classroom instruction and confined water dives in the Rainbow Divers' massive swimming pool (almost 6m deep on one end). The final two days were spent diving out in the open water, which was absolutely fantastic. The coral was amazing, as was the aquatic life in general. I can't list everything that I saw, but I did see trumpeter fish, flute fish, moray eels, jellyfish, clownfish, and many other fishes of all sizes, shapes, and colors. The most dangerous fish down there were the clownfish (yes, Nemo), who were fiercely territorial and would bite you if you came too close to their anemone home. I can't wait to get to southern Thailand so that I can continue my underwater exploration.
The other great thing about Nha Trang is that it is where we met Emelie, Maja, and Johanna - three spunky Swedish girls who also happen to be some of the coolest girls that I have ever had the privilege to meet. We ended up traveling with them through the rest of Vietnam and Cambodia. But more on that later.
Pictures Pending...
[Sorry, no dive photos]


No comments:
Post a Comment