After an absolutely amazing adventure, I have finally arrived home. Although I would like nothing more than to have continued endlessly on that journey, I have to admit that it's great to be back. It's just like Little Miss Traditional American Values said: "There's no place like home." Here's the wrap-up of my trip:
The High Points: (Literally and Figuratively) Summitting two 6,000+ meter peaks in two different countries in less than a week - Huayna Potosi, Bolivia (6,088 m - 19,974 ft) and Nevado Chachani, Peru (6,057 m - 19,872 ft).
The Low Points: (Literally) Colca Canyon, the second deepest canyon in the world (3269 m deep - 10,725 ft). (Figuratively) Losing all of my photos from Machu Picchu and Days 3 and 4 of the Inca Trail due to a corrupted memory card.
Fastest Pace: Mountain biking down the World's Most Dangerous Road in Bolivia.
Slowest Pace: Floating down the Rio Huallaga from Yurimaguas to Iquitos.
Best Wildlife: (Terrestrial) Amazon Basin jungle outside of Iquitos. (Marine) Scuba diving in the Galapagos Islands. (Wild life?) Montanita during Carnaval.
Most Exotic Foods: Crocodile, Tortoise liver, Grubs, Stingray, Alpaca, Cuy (Guinea Pig).
Buen Provecho! - Best Tasting Food: Chef Jose's culinary delights on the Yolita.
Salud! - Best Beer: Gotta be honest here - 'Best' is not an adjective I can associate with any of the beer down there.
Best Market: Belen, Iquitos.
Best Digs: Loki Hostel, Cusco.
Best Ruins: Machu Picchu, of course.
Best Reason to Return: Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia - I am still very disappointed that I was unable to see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment