Home Sweet Home (24 Jan 2010)

Overall, this was the tamest traveling I have ever done--no crazy foods, nothing too dangerous, and definitely less partying. There was never a dull moment, of course, but I have to admit that this trip report will probably seem much more mundane than past reports.

High Point:
(Literally) The view from the summit of the active Volcan Concepcion on Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua (1610 m - 5,280 ft); or "The Superman" zipline at the El Extremo Canopy Tour--the closest I have ever come to flying.

Low Point: (Literally) Diving the wreck of El Aguila in Roatan, Honduras (33m - 110 ft). (Figuratively) Almost having my backpack stolen on the bus from Playas del Coco to Liberia in Costa Rica (technically, I guess it actually was stolen until I recovered it!).

Best Wildlife: (Terrestrial) Monteverde Cloud Forest, Costa Rica. (Marine) Catalinas Islands, Costa Rica. (Wild life?) New Years in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua; or any given night in Bocas del Toro, Panama.

Buen Provecho! Best Food: Pupusas (El Salvadoran snacks) in Granada, Nicaragua.

Best Beer: Toña, the "premium" lager of Nicaragua.

Most Relaxing: Playa Santo Domingo, Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua.

No comments: