I leave for SE Asia in less than three hours. I will be flying into Bangkok, Thailand via San Francisco and Taipei. I will be traveling with my friend Joe, who I have known since first grade. I am also planning on meeting up with Mikey, who will be spending some time in Thailand before heading to Europe.
There is such a volatile mixture of emotions, thoughts, and feelings running through my mind at this point that it is hard to be too excited. For the past year, I have been convincing myself that one test will dictate the rest of my life. For the past eight weeks I have done nothing but obsess about that ridiculous exam. For the past week after taking the exam, my obsession has doubled. This last week has also featured a marathon phone calling event in which I tried to establish contact with various Helitack Crew Bosses to try to secure a position on their crews for next summer. Staying true to my true form, I grew weary and eventually gave up calling. Now I can only wait and hope.
There is such a volatile mixture of emotions, thoughts, and feelings running through my mind at this point that it is hard to be too excited. For the past year, I have been convincing myself that one test will dictate the rest of my life. For the past eight weeks I have done nothing but obsess about that ridiculous exam. For the past week after taking the exam, my obsession has doubled. This last week has also featured a marathon phone calling event in which I tried to establish contact with various Helitack Crew Bosses to try to secure a position on their crews for next summer. Staying true to my true form, I grew weary and eventually gave up calling. Now I can only wait and hope.
Add to all of this uncertainty the excitement and anxiety of traveling to a foreign country, and the result is one confused individual. But I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.
Itinerary:
Northern Thailand - Myanmar - Laos - Vietnam -
Southern Thailand - Malaysia
"I should like to spend my whole life traveling,
if only I could borrow another to spend at home."
-William Blake
"I should like to spend my whole life traveling,
if only I could borrow another to spend at home."
-William Blake

3 comments:
Good luck exploring the infinite abyss.
Have a blast, Brycie. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.
Love that quote! Make the most of your travels and take plenty of pictures and vitamins.
Post a Comment