My original flight home wasn't scheduled until the 25th of April. I had planned on starting work around mid-May, which would have been plenty of time for me to readjust. However, I ended up landing a job with a heli-rappel crew that starts work May 1. So, I figured that it would probably be best to move my ticket forward by a week. Now that I am home, I am glad that I did.
To be honest, I wasn't going to move my ticket, but Joe had decided that he needed to come home earlier for work (incidentally, we both ended up landing jobs on the same crew). I went along with Joe to the airline office because his ATM/Credit cards had been stolen and he had no way of paying the fee for changing his ticket. As it turned out, the airline (China Air, by the way, which I would highly recommend) changed the ticket for free. If it had cost even a dollar, I wouldn't have changed my ticket. But it was free, so I went ahead and moved my ticket up by a week as well. At the time I was very annoyed at myself for doing so. Joe and I were probably the only people crazy enough to change their airline tickets so that they could fly home from Thailand sooner rather than later.
After one final day and night in Bangkok, we finally caught our flight home. We had an 11 hour layover in San Francisco, though, which provided an opportunity for me to meet up with Rogers, who is living and working in the city. It was definitely enjoyable to finally catch up over some pizza, beer, and billiards. We crashed at Rogers' place, then woke up early and caught our short commuter flight home to Boise. Thanks Rogers for your gracious hospitality. You'd make the ancient Greeks proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Anytime bud, anytime. It was great to see you. Hope the next time is sooner than later. You and Joe take care of yourselves on the chopper :)
Post a Comment